Product Review - AK No. 1029 Spray Diffusers

 

Copyright 2023 Nicholas Kalis

Manufacturer: AK Interactive
Item No. 1029
Description: Spray Diffusers, Set 2

Product Review

As I have yet to use these yet, this will of necessity be less of a product review and more of a heads up to my fellow modelers of a product that was new to me after so many decades in our hobby.

An interesting product I picked up today; I had read about it just last night in a modeling book. While the package refers to them as "diffusers", most of us would know them simply as "spray caps".  Since the pack was only $ 3.75, I thought I would take a chance on these. They are color-coded and direct the spray of a rattle can in four different patterns. I also thought they could serve as an emergency repair where a spray nozzle of a rattle can is clogged beyond repair. Candidly, had they been offered at some ridiculous price of say $12.50, I would have passed - but at this price, I thought they would serve as a nice insurance policy guarding against "tragedies".

What I am not so sure about is how compatible these are with various brands of rattle cans - model hobby-oriented or not. Anyone buying these should be prepared for the risk that they might not be compatible with the spray can brand they are using.

AK Interactive https://ak-interactive.com is a Spanish company becoming more and more well known to model railroaders.

Comments