Product Review - Harbor Freight Pickup and Reach Tool

 

 



Gosh. I bought a tool at Harbor Freight that probably every Potomac Division member needs – it is a 36-inch pickup and reach tool. It only cost $1.99 – it must be a loss leader. I almost passed up on purchasing this but at the price of a can of Coke, I decided I could not let it go. Sale ends on June 1st and it is in-store only. It is made of steel tubing and carries these three SKUs – 61413, 94870, and 62176. 
I had purchased decades ago a similar tool (with a wooden handle) but I like the grip of this one better and at this price, it cannot hurt to have two of these - perhaps one in the garage for your home needs and the second under your layout for model railroading needs. If you cannot make it by the end of the sale date, at $ 2.99 it is still a steal. Home Depot has a similar 3-foot tool for $ 13.78 while Lowe's has about the same tool for $ 24.95. I bought mine at the Harbor Freight at 627 Frost Avenue in Warrenton, Virginia 20186 but other Harbor Freights likely have it as well.

 

Comments