Product Review - Builders in Scale

Copyright 2020 Nicholas Kalis

Review

Builders in Scale
P.O. Box 1427
Mukilteo Washington 98275
425-355-5622
www.builders-in-scale.com

Congratulations to Clint Crow. His Builders in Scale has come up with two new products - a jig for making O scale louvers and a louver kit. I don't think they have even yet catalogued the two items. I believe I am the first person to receive this jig and louver kit.

Let me explain the above photograph. On the left is Clint's jig kit - laser cut I presume and on the right is his assembled jig made of wood. The resulting louvers are not in the photograph.

One will need a hobby knife and some white or wood glue to assemble this jig.

I have yet to assemble my O-scale louvers, but I know instantly that this is a much needed product. The last time I scratchbuilt a G scale weight station for my Oahu Sugar Company the tiny louvers were the must difficult part of the build. 

Most buildings it seems have some louvers somewhere. Often, constructing the model louvers can be the trickiest part of a modeling project. Clint has come to the rescue with this jig.

Comments