Vehicle Review - My Layout's Less Expensive yet nice 1:43 vehicles

Copyright 2020 Nicholas Kalis

Vehicle Review

Since I model the Hawaiian Town of Waipahu in 1:48, I need many automobiles to replicate the busy shopping street seen in photos of this town on Oahu. Ideally, I would use 1:48 automobiles, but there are slim pickings in this scale in the ready-to-run arena.
  •  The Crème and grey diecast "Woody" on the right is a 1935 Ford V8 1/43 sold by RexToys (Made in France) I painted its body a grey color to depict heavy bleaching by the Hawaiian sun. RexToys, founded in 1987, folded in 2004.
  •  In the middle sits a 1:43 diecast 1941 Chevrolet Special De Luxe Coupe by Neo Scale Models (Made in China). Neo seems to be a German firm. Notice the split front windshield and the gorgeous grill.
  •  To the left is a 1937 Packard by Solido www.solido.com (Made in France) No. 4037. According to Wikipedia, Solido, founded in 1930, is based in Oulins, Anet France. Their vehicles are usually made of zamac alloy. 
The building behind these three vehicles was "photoshopped" from the internet and is a false front model (it was assembled on black foam core). I positioned the three vehicles in front of this "structure" to give them some context.

Browse my blog to see many other vehicle reviews.

Revised April 30, 2023

Comments