Visit - Long Island City Church based on Vollmer HO (1:87.1) Scale Cathedral Stuttgard-Berg 3739

Copyright Nicholas Kalis
Saint Mary's Catholic Church
Assembled and painted by Nicholas Kalis. 

Visit


Saint Mary's Catholic Church
10-08 49th Avenue
Vernon Boulevard and 49th Avenue

An HO-scale church in Long Island City based on Vollmer HO Scale Cathedral Stuttgard-Berg 3739. For those not familiar with New York, Long Island City is a community located in the Borough of Queens. This model mimics an actual church in Long Island City and was located on my Lower Montauk Branch - Long Island Railroad. 

Note the backdrop was painted by professional artist Sarah Poly. Also note the false front behind the church and the Checker cab in front of the church. I backdated the model cab to make it fit into the time frame my layout depicts. 

The grey panel adjacent to St. Mary's church side is not a street, it is a grey fascia.

I also strove to include many roof-top water tanks on my buildings. To do so, I had to track down a package of roof top kits from a far-away hobby shop.

Revised March 17, 2022



Comments