Project - Finishing My 1:20 Scale Jeep for My Fn3 Oahu Sugar Company

 

Copyright 2023 Nicholas Kalis


Project

To prevent silvering of the decals I will soon apply to my 1:20 scale jeep - a construction project I covered previously in this blog, I picked up today this Mr. Hobby Gloss Premium Top Coat - 2.4 oz. spray can. I have never used this project before, but a staff member at Huzzah Hobbies assured me it was compatible with Tamiya acrylic paint I have used on this model.

Step 1 - I thoroughly cleaned a plastic cubby to lay over the wet part so that dust from the garage would not settle on my project. 

Step 2 - I thoroughly shaked this can - having kept it in my warm home so its contents would flow better.

Step 3 - I sprayed this on the separate hood of my Jeep starting my spraying off the model surface with about 3 light sprays.

Step 4 - I covered the model with a clean plastic cubby

Step 5 - I left in in my garage to dry overnight so as not to trouble my household with the smell. 

Tomorrow, I spray the rest of the model.

Comments