Research - Another view of Oahu's Honouliuli Internment Camp


Research

I used artist markers to colorize a black and white photo - set on my backdrop - of this internment camp in Oahu on my Fn3 layout. This backdrop photo is of small scale so to draw the viewer in. I have posted this photo of the camp to my blog in 2023 as it is the first time I have seen this view of the camp. To be clear, what is posted on my layout is not this photograph. Interestingly, the camp is a combination of military tents and wood buildings. I am not sure what material is used for the roofs of the wooden structures. there is some sort of very tall fence that seems to divide the facility but I am not really sure whether it is a fence or something else. Any suggestions from the followers of my blog would be appreciated.

Random Observations

Anyone modeling this camp would be well served by taking careful note of this photograph. There are at least two mature trees on the property and the roads inside the camp appear to be of dirt construction.

Comments