Visit - Ben Feldkamp's North Branch Railroad, A Cameo Layout? Probably Not


 Visit

Seen at www.smallmmr.com . Marshall Stull has a great web site - Small Model Railroads; I highly recommend it. I have posted some photos from his web site to my blog for educational purposes. He and I are both fans of the late Carl Arendt. I do wish we could see more information such as his in the Layout Design Journal but alas I hold out little hope for that occurring.

Without any effort at a shadow box, does this qualify as a cameo layout? I am inclined to say "no". The difficulty here is that there is no effort to block out the rest of the world - no backdrop, no valance, no wings. no lighting, no surround (sides) so the viewer is not really drawn into the scene though the modeling appears excellent.

Comments