Product Review - Fn3 rulers

 


Photograph 2021 Nicholas Kalis

Thinking of trying your hand at scratch building in large scale? The first place to turn is to obtain a scale ruler. Now some might think that finding a ruler for 1:20.3 would be difficult. Fear not, a scale rule in this scale is available in two lengths (see photograph). The only trouble is the smaller one often disappears and can be hard to find. I added a bit of red paint onto my ruler but it still can be hard to locate. By way of contrast the longer ruler is constructed of a yellow plastic and so is harder to misplace. Both rulers are made with a hole for hanging on the shop wall - problem is I have a quirk about not wanting to put holes in my walls.

I have put both to good use.

Both rulers were manufactured by The Scale Card TM. However a visit to their website www.thescalecard.com reveals that they are closing their doors by December 31 2012.
Readers are encouraged to contact me with any source they find for these rulers.

Comments