Helpful Hint - Another Use for Corrugated Cardboard

Copyright 2020 Nicholas Kalis


Helpful Hint

From a prototype photograph, I recently built a pump house likely used by the Oahu Sugar Company to pump water out of the ground for irrigation purposes. I was painting some small metal castings for my Fn3 (1:20.3 scale) pump house and needed to paint an edge of one of these castings. What to do? It dawned on me to just make some cuts into the corrugated cardboard I try to always keep at my workbench. Once your cuts are made, the part can be inserted into the cut and it will stay erect on its side - now you can paint hands free.

Keeping small squares of corrugated cardboard on one's workbench is a good practice. They also come in handy for serving as a palette for paint or glue or even as a cutting board - to limit cuts in one's cutting mat.

Revised November 13, 2020
Revised December 2, 2021

Comments