Helpful Hint - Staedtler Brush on Your Workbench

Copyright 2020 Nicholas Kalis

Helpful Hint

Brush
Staedtler 989 00

Another essential rarely mentioned in any article 
I recall about workbench necessities is a brush. Back in high school drafting class, we each were required to purchase one of these brushes. Such brushes do double duty for keeping one's model workbench tidy. Come to think of it, every tool kit we borrowed in woodworking shop back in Junior High School had a brush as well. Progress at one's workbench inevitably creates sawdust or plastic or metal shavings. A dirty workbench can mess up your models and mess up your motivation as well.

Recommendation

I heartily recommend keeping such a brush at your workbench. Of course, it won't do much good unless you also keep a trash receptacle near your workbench as well. 

A Useful Modification

Notice I have florescent tape on its handle - made it more visible when I was working on my layout and looking for it. I guess I have managed not to lose this brush over nearly five decades - perhaps indicative of how important a workbench tool this really is.

Where to Find One

I found a similar brush STD98900-CO 14 inch Dusting Brush on the Walmart website. Jerry's Artarama has a similar 10 inch brush Item # V02556 for $ 4.89 in stock (as of this writing).



Comments