Helpful Hint - Machinist 90 degree Angle Plate - 4"x4"

Copyright 2020 Nicholas Kalis
O scale figure and ruler placed to give sense of size

Helpful Hint

Machinist Angle Plate 4"x4"

Every modeler's workbench needs a machinist angle; they are great for both scratch building or kit assembly. Actually, I wish I had two on my workbench. And boy are they heavy - that's the point besides being constructed of a 90-degree angle. I purchased this 4-inch x 4-inch 90 degree machinist angle plate decades ago. I could not find this locally so I ordered it probably from a catalog and had it shipped. Being in my garage, it has attracted a bit of rust which I have combated. Also, one needs to keep it clean of paint and accumulated glues.

Sooner or later you will relent and buy one, so might as well do it now. From published articles I have seen, many modelers have more than one of these - having one is not an indulgence; rather it is a necessity for modeling success. And yes, they will ship these angles through UPS or some other carrier.

Revised November 22 2020

Comments