Helpful Hint - Life's Too Short....

Copyright 2020 Nicholas Kalis
Three hobby knives - one destined for the trash receptacle

Helpful Hint

Curve No. X3035
X-Acto® 

Life's too short to work with a cheap hobby knife. I finally did it; I threw all my cheap hobby knives into the trash. Most of us start out with an inexpensive hobby knife. I came to realize I had lost all tolerance for a hobby knife whose blade would come loose. I also considered that a loose blade is a dangerous blade. Another deficiency is that cheapo hobby knives are not ergonomic - their shafts are too skinny and hard. Perhaps it is counter-intuitive, but I find that the fatter the shaft of  a hobby knife, or for that matter, a pen, the more comfortable to use it is. So I purchased the black X-Acto®  X3254 Craft knife and have been happy with it.

Now I purchased X-Acto®  blue X 3035 knife - does not seem as good but I purchased it on the internet so shame on me.

Now why two knives? Well, one will be for holding somewhat dull blades for utility work and the other will hold a fresh blade when precision is called for. It is probably a good idea to label them as well.

Comments