Helpful Hint - A Hot Glue Station

Copyright 2020 Nicholas Kalis
I keep mine in front of my battery recharging station

Helpful Hint

My spouse was going to toss out this glass microwave plate until I rescued it for use on my workbench.

As a large-scale modeler, I have many opportunities to use a hot glue gun. Anyone using hot glue guns runs the risk - let's say certainty - of leaving burn marks on their workbench. Also, hot glue drippings are difficult to remove from many surfaces. This is where a plate such as this comes to the rescue. As this plate is smooth, hot glue drippings can be easily (ok, somewhat easily) picked off its surface. I use a hobby knife for this purpose.

A final use - while you hot glue gun is still hot and after you are done with your project, is to be sure to wipe your glue gun on this plate - otherwise your glue gun will be a mess.

If anyone in your home is going to toss out such an item - or if you find it at a yard sale, be sure to obtain it for your workbench.

Revised December 2, 2021


Comments