Figure Review - American Diorama Figures 1:18 Used on My Fn3 (1:20.3) Layout


Copyright 2020 Nicholas Kalis

Review



Visitors to my layout will see a few of these figures in my gate scene.


While these figures suffer from two problems: first, they are a bit overscale at 1:18 for an Fn3 (1:20.3) layout, yet they can work. Just keep them away from vehicles that are a different scale; second, they are a bit brittle so they should be handled with care.
If you are a large scale modeler, you should visit their web site www.americandiorama.com to explore the many civilian figures they manufacture.


Sometimes a better price can be had, at least for the military police, by buying a group of these models.


My biggest concern in using the military police is that they are a bit over-dressed for the Hawaiian setting I model. They can serve as a substitute until I find or build my own figures.


Oh, I should add that I did shorten one MP by using a miniature table saw to cut out a bit of his legging. It seemed to work reasonably well - not perfect though.


These figures sold by American Diorama of El Monte California, are hand painted and of a poly-resin material (per the bubble pack). They are made in China.


Comments